To promote a book today a winning public relations strategy for authors is to get interviewed on radio, TV, or podcast talk shows.
Getting interviewed as a guest expert on radio, TV, or podcast, can help establish you as an expert in your field, build credibility, and help you sell more books.
Authors are in high demand as radio guests and on TV talk shows because having a book published automatically suggests that you are an expert worth listening to about your book’s topic.
To promote a book on radio shows, get authors interviewed on TV, or featured on podcasts, you need to reach the producers of your targeted programs with a helpful and informative story pitch.
How to Get Interviews on Radio, TV, and Podcasts with a Good Interview Publicity Pitch
Your interview pitch should have these elements to help your author get interviews as a Guest Expert on the radio, TV, or podcast shows you target:
- An attention grabbing headline that highlights your book’s topic: Many people use "pitch formulas" that encapsulate your book’s subject into an eye-catching title. Mimic the “teasers” you hear for your evening TV newscast and you’ll be on the right track. Try “ The 7 Secrets about X that They Don’t Want You to Know”, “The Hidden Dangers of X”, “The Surprising Truth about X”, “Why [Latest News Headline] is Great (or Bad) News for Your Audience”, etc.
- Reach the Right Person: Big, popular talk radio shows have a staff of producers. The best producers to reach are those that find and schedule guest experts for on the air interviews. These producers are called "bookers". For smaller shows, the booker, the producers, and the host may all be the same person.
- Offer Real Information, Not Just a Book Pitch: To get booked on the radio or interviewed on TV, you need to impress the booking producer with your expertise. They don’t want to interview you on the air just so you can give a commercial for your book. They are looking for timely, interesting, and helpful info that will reward their listeners and watchers for tuning in to their radio show, TV program, or podcast. Send them a customized pitch that offers a summary of your book and how its information can help inform their listeners.
- Contact the Show: You need to e-mail, fax, FedEx, Tweet or call the producers to offer your expertise and a free “review copy” of your book. It’s unlikely that they will actually read the book given how many review copies most producers receive, but you must at least offer one. After initial contact is made polite, pleasant, and persistent reminders, whether by e-mail, social media, phone, or letter are a part of doing business in the world of public relations.
RadioGuestList.com offers a new way to get radio interviews for Authors
Today authors (or their publicists) can skip many of the steps above by simply signing up for the free RadioGuestList.com radio/TV/podcast booking service.
This free radio interview and TV public relations service will send you an e-mail each day with radio guest expert interview opportunities for authors from real radio, TV, and podcast producers. Each RadioGuestList.com "Guest Request" email is a “live” booking publicity opportunity submitted to RadioGuestList.com by a real show host or producer. The daily emails tell you exactly what that radio show, TV producer or podcast host is looking for – all authors have to do is respond to those that are seeking guests for interviews on their shows!
Visit http://www.RadioGuestList.com now to sign up for this free service. You’ll start getting free radio and TV "guest requests" by e-mail tomorrow!
Become a "Featured Guest Expert"
To make sure that radio producers, TV bookers, and podcast hosts worldwide are aware of your guest expert interview availability, you can also advertise on RadioGuestList.com as a "Featured Guest Expert".
As a "Featured Guest Expert" sponsor, RadioGuestList.com will feature your expertise, your photos, and any products that you want to promote on its popular website. Plus, Featured Guest Experts get their expert profiles e-mailed to its worldwide e-mail list of radio show hosts, TV bookers, and podcast hosts.
Becoming a "Featured Guest Expert" on RadioGuestList.com is a cost-effective and clever public relations strategy that can help raise your expert profile to get free radio, TV, and podcast publicity interviews.
More info: Sign up today at http://www.RadioGuestList.com to join the free radio, TV, and podcast guest interview booking service. Featured Guest Expert sponsorship information is available here now.
How to Get Podcast Radio Interviews - More Articles to Help You Get Interviewed on Radio, TV, and Podcast Talk Show Programs
- How to Get Radio Interviews
- How to Pitch Radio, TV, and Podcast Bookers to Get Publicity Interviews
- To Get Radio Interviews Have a Good Publicity Pitch Strategy
- Get Interviews - 8 How to Steps to Getting Radio, TV, and Podcast Guest Expert Interviews
- How to Get Interviewed on Podcasts for Free Radio Publicity
- Radio Interviews – How to Get Booked on the Radio
- How to Promote My Book with Free Radio Interviews and Podcast Interviews
- How to Get Advertisers and Sponsors for My Radio or Podcast Show
- Free Tips to Help You Get Interviewed on Radio, TV, and Podcast Programs