Podcasts and radio interviews can be yours if you identify radio shows that feature your type of companies, books, or clients and you build a successful relationship with each radio show’s producers.
Let's unpack the most important factors in answering how to get interviews on radio, TV, and podcast talk shows.
How to Be a Radio and Podcast Guest Expert
- Identify Radio Talk Show Targets: To get radio interviews, you want to find programs that regularly feature topics like those that you hope to promote on the air. You can use Google or more specialized industry directories to find radio programs (or podcasts or TV shows) that book guests with expertise like yours (or your public relations clients).
- Find Producer Contact Info: The person who schedules guest expert interviews is usually called a producer or a booker. For smaller radio shows, this may be the same person. But for larger, especially nationally syndicated radio programs, guest experts are rarely "booked" for interviews by the host. You'll want to read the show website, scour radio industry trade websites and magazines, or listen to the radio show itself to learn who is the best person to approach for a guest interview appearance.
- Be Friendly: Once you have identified the booker for the radio shows on which you would like to be interviewed, it's time to start building a relationship. Remember that these bookers are receiving dozens, often hundreds of interview pitches each day. So it's your job to be helpful and position you and your expertise as a potential solution to their guest expert interview booking problems. Make contact by e-mail, phone, or even fax. Today Facebook, Twitter, or other social network tools can also work.
- Demonstrate Your Expertise: Offer your expertise as a guest expert whenever you see the radio show covering topics where you or your PR clients would fit well. Demonstrating your awareness of the news cycle and the kinds of stories that radio show typically covers can help you position yourself as a helpful problem solver, rather than another annoying pitch.
- Be Timely: Radio shows don't want to interview you just to promote your products, book, or clients. They are in the news business. You can get more radio interviews if you tie your pitch to topics that are currently hot in the news, rather than focusing exclusively on trying to sell your product using their air time.
Bottom line? If you make it easier for the radio show booker to do his or her job, he or she is more likely to reward you with a Guest Expert radio interview publicity appearance you are hoping for.
Another way to reach bookers of radio, TV, and podcast shows is to sign up for online services that specialize in getting radio interviews. RadioGuestList.com is a good example of this. Signing up for the free e-mails from RadioGuestList.com will bring to your inbox Guest Request interview booking opportunities from radio show, TV program, and podcast producers every day for free.
Become a "Featured Guest Expert"
To make sure that radio producers, TV bookers, and podcast hosts worldwide are aware of your guest expert interview availability, you can also advertise on RadioGuestList.com as a "Featured Guest Expert".
As a "Featured Guest Expert" sponsor, RadioGuestList.com will feature your expertise, your photos, and any products that you want to promote on its popular website. Plus, Featured Guest Experts get their expert profiles e-mailed to its worldwide e-mail list of radio show hosts, TV bookers, and podcast hosts.
Becoming a "Featured Guest Expert" on RadioGuestList.com is a cost-effective and clever public relations strategy that can help raise your expert profile to get free radio, TV, and podcast publicity interviews.
More info: Sign up today at http://www.RadioGuestList.com to join the free radio, TV, and podcast guest interview booking service. Featured Guest Expert sponsorship information is available here now.
How to Get Podcast Radio Interviews - More Articles to Help You Get Interviewed on Radio, TV, and Podcast Talk Show Programs
- How to Get Radio Interviews
- How to Pitch Radio, TV, and Podcast Bookers to Get Publicity Interviews
- To Get Radio Interviews Have a Good Publicity Pitch Strategy
- Get Interviews - 8 How to Steps to Getting Radio, TV, and Podcast Guest Expert Interviews
- How to Get Interviewed on Podcasts for Free Radio Publicity
- Radio Interviews – How to Get Booked on the Radio
- How to Promote My Book with Free Radio Interviews and Podcast Interviews
- How to Get Advertisers and Sponsors for My Radio or Podcast Show
- Free Tips to Help You Get Interviewed on Radio, TV, and Podcast Programs