Terrorist Therapist, Carole Lieberman, M.D., M.P.H. is a board-certified Beverly Hills psychiatrist who can help your listeners talk to their kids about Afghanistan, Terrorism, and the 9/11 Anniversary.
"The chaos in Afghanistan is not only horrific in itself, but its far-reaching implications make it overwhelming: the safety of Americans stranded there, the hornets' nest of terrorists - Taliban, Al Qaeda and ISIS gathering together, and all of this happening as the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 approaches,” forewarns Carole Lieberman, M.D., M.P.H., internationally renowned as The Terrorist Therapist®.
Dr. Lieberman is the author of two award-winning books on terrorism: Coping with Terrorism: Dreams Interrupted, and Lions and Tigers and Terrorists, Oh My: How to Protect Your Child In a Time of Terror, which has won awards at the New York, London, Paris and Hollywood Book Festivals, and a Mom’s Choice Gold Award.
How do you talk to your kids about subjects that are even hard for adults to fathom?
“The biggest mistake parents make is to pretend that they don’t have to talk to their kids about these topics, because ’these things will blow over’ or ‘kids don’t know what’s going on, so why worry them?’ In fact, terrorism is not going to ‘blow over’ and kids do know something about what’s going on, but they are very confused and frightened, which is a lot worse.” Dr. Carole has been helping parents and teachers explain terrorism to kids with her book, the first and only book about terrorism for children.
- How should we answer kids’ most frequently asked questions about terrorism, from ‘What is a terrorist?’ to ‘Why do terrorists want to kill us?’ to ‘Am I going to die’? and more.
- How can we know what is age-appropriate and emotionally-appropriate to say about these topics?
- What’s the most important thing to do before giving kids an overall understanding of each of the topics?
- How should we talk to them about Afghanistan? Why we entered in the first place, why our troops died only to let the Taliban win, why we are not doing more to help stranded Americans, etc.
- Some kids will have already have figured out that the situation in Afghanistan has emboldened terrorists in general and there may well be terror attacks in the U.S. around the 9/11 anniversary and ongoing. So, what should we tell them?
No one has the type of expertise that Dr. Carole has. She's the world's only Terrorist Therapist. Dr. Carole is also a passionate, well-informed, and reliable radio guest.
Interview Dr. Carole Lieberman, Terrorist Therapist Expert, to discuss...
- How parents can talk to their children about 9/11 and terrorism
- How the imminent approach of the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 is filling millions of Americans with anxiety (especially now as the Taliban and Al Qaeda are emboldened)
- How September 11th mentally impacted Americans worldwide
- How we can honor all those who lost their lives on that terrible day
- Other related topics
Dr. Carole Lieberman Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- Carole Lieberman, M.D., M.P.H (‘America’s Psychiatrist’) is a board-certified Beverly Hills psychiatrist and author of two award-winning books on terrorism, Coping with Terrorism: Dreams Interrupted, and Lions and Tigers and Terrorists, Oh My: How to Protect Your Child In a Time of Terror.
- She is also known as The Terrorist Therapist® and hosts The Terrorist Therapist Show.
- Dr. Carole is a 3-time Emmy honored TV News-Talk commentator on today’s headlines from a psychological and socio-political point of view.
- She appears on top TV shows - from Oprah to FOX News, CNN, HLN, Today Show, Good Morning America, ET, Access Hollywood and more.
- Dr. Carole was trained at NYU-Bellevue and at Anna Freud’s London Clinic.
- She has served on the Clinical Faculty of UCLA's Neuropsychiatric Institute for years.
- Dr. Carole previous TV Clips on terrorism and more: Talking to Kids About Terrorism and Good Morning, Britain - Lions and Tigers and Terrorists, Oh My! How to Protect Your Child in a Time of Terror,
Guest Expert Availability
By telephone and video call from Los Angeles, CA
In person from all of them
Social Media Promotions
How this expert can help promote your show:
- Dr. Carole ALWAYS promotes her interviews across social media.
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Guest Expert Link
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!