Steve Bruno's story of addiction is crazy - he started using at the age of seven!
But now, having been a professional interventionist for the past 17 years, believe him - he has STORIES to tell! STRATEGIES to share! ADVICE to offer, and all from the front lines of real-life addiction recovery.
Steve is well spoken, has a great radio voice, and keeps things light when he needs to because helping an addict who doesn’t want help is difficult at best.
As an interventionist his success rate is easily twice the national average: Last year Steve did 30 interventions, 29 of them arrived at treatment. This year he hasn't missed a single one, while most interventionists boast a 40-60% success rate.
The most helpful tool Steve has created is his book, More Than Hope, available on Amazon. It’s an A to Z guide on how to do an intervention in real-life, facing real-life challenges, not the life “like” programs on TV.
The book includes Steve's story, including his own intervention told from his viewpoint as an addict. His mother also wrote a chapter about his invention from her viewpoint at the time.
Steve's own story of the addiction certainly tells the tale, but more importantly he would like to tell the story of his recovery, and how he gets practicing addicts and alcoholics to arrive at treatment programs successfully, even where other interventionists have failed. If you read the news, you know how important the plague of addiction is in our society right now.
Steve offers strategies, tactics, insights, and six true interventions told in the first person. When people hear how he approaches the challenges they may be facing themselves, they’ll want to reach out and hire him, of that he has no doubt. Plus Steve would love to be on the radio! He likes to joke, he likes to be serious, he loves fielding questions, and he loves helping families out of what can seem like impossible situations.
Most importantly your listeners will get information they can apply in their lives to get results, and if their problem is immediate, they can get immediate results, eons better than working on their own.
They will get information they’ve never heard before, like why an addict doesn’t have to admit ANYTHING before treatment will work, nor should the family try to get them to. That whole idea is a mess. The learning intervention can be much more than just a meeting with the family, or a one-time attempt at a yes or no. They’ll learn how to win.
Interview Steve Bruno, Ex-Addict, Veteran Interventionist, Author, to discuss...
- What you do if you have an addict in your family and you want to help him or her.
- Why you don’t have to get him to admit anything, and why it’s counter-productive to try.
- What you do if your family is split concerning what you should do or not do, and why personal integrity and perseverance may be the two most important things in an intervention.
- How do we avoid panic when crisis erupts, as it almost invariably does.
- Why objections are valuable and how to handle them.
- Why the addict in your life probably doesn’t have the psychological problems you think he has.
Steve Bruno Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- Started using at the age of seven.
- Overdosed for the first time when he was 17 on drugs and stolen from a Hells Angel.
- By the time Steve was 32, he had graduated from six different treatment centers trying to handle addictions from alcohol to cocaine to meth.
- After finding a program that worked for Steve, he started doing interventions two weeks after he graduated. People handed him a book on the subject but he has to admit he didn’t read it. Instead, Steve looked at everything through his eyes as an addict and did what he thought would work. Steve knew what they were going to do before they did.
- Steve's track record speaks for itself: 17 years and nearly 500 interventions later he'll compare his statistics against a PhD in Addiction Sciences any day of the week.
- Steve has been on the front lines of addiction for most of his life, and that’s what makes him a good strategist today.
Guest Expert Availability
- By telephone anywhere.
- San Francisco and the greater Bay Area is where I hang my hat so in-person there but I'll fly to Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, Seattle, Phoenix, and so on if the audience is big enough to justify it.
Social Media Promotions
How this expert can help promote your show:
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Steve Bruno himself!
Guest Expert Link
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!