Personal Safety Expert Pete Canavan will make your audience safer both online and offline in just minutes.
Pete has been helping others stay safe from both online and offline threats for over 20 years though his IT security company, his martial arts teaching, and his books.
He'll share critical safety secrets he has discovered through his unique blend of experience as an IT security consultant, self-defense instructor, university public safety officer, and event security professional.
Being the father of 3 sons, the oldest of which started college this year, Pete wanted to create a guide to help keep students safe during their years in higher education. He ended up taking two years to compile the most comprehensive guide to personal safety ever written and geared it specifically towards college students since they are at the most influential and vulnerable times in their lives.
In just a few minutes, Pete can impart essential tips and techniques that will make your listeners safer from threats to both their online identity and their physical body.
Pete's most recent book, The Ultimate Guide to College Safety, is the most comprehensive guide to keeping students safe ever written. It is the ultimate educational resource for students, parents, and colleges to keep our campuses and our students safe from both online and offline threats.
Pete is available for speaking and writing on both college safety and personal safety as well as conducting workshops.
Interview Pete Canavan, Personal Safety Expert, Author and Speaker, to discuss...
- Establishing personal boundaries (concerns, routines, comfort zones, awareness)
- Physical safety and self-defense (safe dating, rape prevention, harassment, tolerance, physical techniques)
- Cybersecurity and online safety (phishing, ID theft, etc.)
- Social media and cell phone safety (bullying / cyberbullying)
- Alcohol and drugs (prescription medication abuse, caffeine, energy drinks, party drugs, bar/club safety)
- Travel safety (around campus and semesters abroad)
- Dorm room safety (securing valuables, fire, electrical, cooking)
- Active shooter preparedness & defensive actions
- Confidence and attitude
Pete Canavan Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- IT Security Consultant (23 yrs)
- Martial Arts / Self-Defense Instructor (20 yrs)
- Campus Security Authority / University Public Safety Officer
- Event Security Professional
Guest Expert Media Kit
Guest Expert Availability
By telephone from Kingston PA (EST)
By Skype, Zoom, BlueJeans and others
In person in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton/Philadelphia, PA, NY, NJ, DE
Social Media Promotions
How this expert can help promote your show :
- Twitter * Facebook * LinkedIn * other media contacts * articles
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Guest Expert Links
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!