Lorenzo Gomez III is a childhood mental health advocate, community organizer, and #1 best-selling author and speaker.
He overcame many obstacles, including fighting with anxiety, depression, and severe bullying when in school, to become a leader in the transformation of the city he loves—San Antonio, Texas.
He’s the chairman of Geekdom, Texas’s largest coworking space, the co-founder of the 80/20 Foundation and Tech Bloc, both of which support San Antonio’s growing tech sector, and has served on the board of several non-profits, including SA2020 and City Education Partners.
Lorenzo Gomez III is the author of The Cilantro Diaries, which quickly became a bestseller (and is now required reading at Texas A&M) when it was published in 2017. The book teaches that you don’t need an MBA to get ahead in business; you don’t even need a college degree. To thrive in business, all you need is intelligence, drive, creativity, and courage.
The direction and motivation Lorenzo provides in The Cilantro Diaries helps readers find a mentor, build a network, establish a reputation, rise above the competition, and move far beyond entry-level jobs into profitable and satisfying professional careers.
In his new book, Tafolla Toro, Lorenzo reaches back in time to share stories of his turbulent, traumatic, and often violent middle school years in one of San Antonio’s most crime-ridden neighborhoods. He opens up to reveal the fear, anxiety, and hopelessness he felt as a teenager and how those forces shaped his life until he began taking steps as an adult to improve his mental health.
Lorenzo can speak about his time at Tafolla Middle School on San Antonio’s west side in the early nineties, and the effect those years had on him and his mental health. He experienced violence, fear, anxiety, and a lack of safety -- and it wasn't until he became an adult that therapy equipped him with the tools to change his life for the better.
Now, he's on a mission to empower parents, educators, and children to take charge of their own mental health. For entrepreneurs and those looking to start a business, Lorenzo can share how he went from the stockroom of a grocery store to the boardrooms of two private companies without a formal higher education. His advice will share the steps he took to climb the ladder, and the guiding principles that got him to the top.
An interview with Lorenzo will help educators, teachers, administrators, and parents learn to support the children in their lives with their mental health needs. In addition, Lorenzo can teach an entrepreneurial audience about how to start, run, and grow a successful business without an MBA or the means to pursue higher education.
Interview Lorenzo Gomez III, Mental Health Advocate and Author, to discuss...
- Childhood mental health challenges, and how adults can help
- How to teach children and teens about the dangers of bullying and violence
- How even children need to take care of their mental health, with or without their parents’ help
- Why addressing underlying issues of bullying and mental health is crucial to overcoming violence in schools
- Clinical principles of Transactional Analysis, and how to apply them in an easy-to-understand way
- How to be successful in business, even if you don’t have the interest or the means to pursue a university education
- Guiding principles for starting and running your own company
Lorenzo Gomez III Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- Lorenzo is a frequent podcast guest and engaging public speaker
- Expert on the subject of the viability of downtown San Antonio’s tech district, helping to reframe assumptions made by civic and government leaders about San Antonio as an entrepreneurial hub, to attract investors, accelerators, and entrepreneurial organizations.
- He's a 2-time #1 best-selling author.
- Lorenzo is honored to have spoken at several universities, including Texas State and UTSA, and cherishes the opportunity to connect with students as a speaker at local schools.
Guest Experts Availability
By telephone from San Antonio, Central Time Zone
In person in San Antonio, Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth
Social Media Promotions
How this expert can help promote your show:
- Sharing on all social media channels
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!