Dr. Peter A. Wish is an award winning psychologist turned political strategist, and is an expert on how candidates connect with voters.
In his new book, The Candidate's 7 Deadly Sins, Dr. Peter A. Wish teaches tested strategies that gain candidates the critical advantage over their opponents.
He outlines the sins to avoid being: Pessimistic, Canned, Tentative, Reactive, Cerebral, Partisan, and Arrogant and provides a road map for turning each deadly campaign sin into a winning virtue for a political candidate. The book is filled with specific insights that can explain today's most contested political campaigns and why certain candidates come out on top.
Dr. Wish was on the ground with Mitt Romney's 2012 Presidential Campaign, actively working to make the GOP nominee more relatable to voters. In The Candidate's 7 Deadly Sins, Dr. Wish outlines the pushback he received from the campaign staff who did not heed his advice. It was only after Mitt Romney lost the election and voters started to see him as a person, that his staff started to see how well liked he could be and where the campaign went wrong.
Curious how Bernie Sanders remains a Democratic Presidential contender while so many other candidates are dropping like flies? Dr. Wish has an answer for that.
Want to know what Donald Trump did right in 2016 to win the trust of so many voters? Dr. Wish has an answer for that.
Want to know how a gaffe that gets mocked on SNL really affects a candidate's ability to win votes? Dr. Wish has an answer for that.
Interview Dr.Peter A. Wish, Psychologist & Political Campaign Expert, to discuss...
- Psychology behind political campaigns
- How a candidate is appealing to a voter's emotions
- Candidate's who are passionate and authentic can get away with more "sins"
- You're more likely to accept ideas you disagree with if a candidate lays some common ground with you
Dr. Peter A. Wish Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- Award winning clinical and academic psychologist
- Has advised Republican and Democratic candidates in state, congressional, senatorial, gubernatorial, and presidential campaigns
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Men and Women of Science, and Who’s Who in America
- Has been quoted by over 200 newspapers and magazines, including the New York Times, USA Today, Time, Newsweek, L.A. Times, Cosmo, and the Wall Street Journal
- Author of The Family Experience syndicated UPI column for the Boston Globe
- Host of Psychologically Speaking on CBS radio
- Former guest consulting psychologist on The Good Day Show at WCVB-TV Boston
- Appearances on Nightline, Good Morning America, and The Today Show
- Winner of the prestigious National Media Award from the American Psychological Foundation
- Winner of the Public Communications Award by the Massachusetts Psychological Association
Guest Expert Media Kit
Guest Expert Availability
By telephone from Sarasota, FL - Eastern Time
In person in Florida, DC
Social Media Promotions
How this expert can help promote your show:
- Facebook & LinkedIn
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Dr. Peter A. Wish
Guest Expert Link
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!