Douglas Smythe is an expert in the art of traditional shaving, effective razor designs, soapmaking, and perfuming.
Douglas believes that we have been lied to for years by major multiblade razor companies. And, we have been inadvertently hurting ourselves by using their cheap, plastic, "one size fits all" razors.
He has made it his mission to wake folks up about the "Cartridge Conspiracy" and make everyone aware of much more effective ways of shaving. These include time-tested methods that are 1) Better for your face, 2) Better for your wallet, and 3) Better for the planet!
He would like to speak about the time-tested alternative methods of traditional wet shaving and how it is a far superior method for getting the results we seek in our daily shave, minus the razor burn, bumps, weepers, and ingrown hairs.
Douglas also would love to promote his products: Artisan Shave Soap, Shave Brushes, Razors, and Aftershaves, as well as his current morning show: http://idlatherbeshaving.com.
As a guest, Douglas can really keep the conversation moving and will never give one word answers...as a podcaster himself, he hates that! Douglas is also known for taking a mundane (to most) subject, Shaving, and making it fun, interesting, and exciting to both men and women.
Interview Douglas Smythe, Traditional Shave Revival Expert, to discuss...
- How to get the best shave of your life
- Why most men think they have sensitive skin but do not
- Shaving History
- What is Traditional Shaving?
- The Traditional Wet Shaving Revival
- Facial Hair and Male Grooming
- Perfuming, Colognes, and Aftershaves
Douglas Smythe Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- Douglas Smythe was first introduced to traditional shaving as a child watching his dad shave on the weekends. Fast forward to today and find him and his business, Phoenix Shaving, trailblazing on the forefront of the Traditional Wet Shaving revival we are currently seeing crop up around the world.
- Having created his first perfume at age 8 with his chemistry set the die was cast.
- After college he moved to Central America where he lived in a hammock at the edge of the rain forest.
- While there he developed an after bite type solution that relieved the inflammation of bug bites.
- The product became popular with both locals and tourist alike, so much so, four years later he was back in the USA producing and shipping his wares to Costa Rica.
- Eventually his passion for male grooming and traditional shaving became the focal point of his business and Phoenix Shaving was born. Almost immediately, folks began to take notice of Phoenix Shaving's daring scents and creative approach to all things shaving and within 2 years both him and his business partner were featured in Forbes Magazine.
- Douglas is also co-host of the popular morning show I'd Lather Be Shaving and organizer of The Big Shave West, a yearly "Shave Festival" held each year outside of Los Angeles in sunny Pasadena, California.
- He is a lively online personality and a dynamic public speaker on all things male grooming with a concentration in the art and technique of traditional shaving.
- Documentary on The Big Shave West, year 2: http://theheartofshaving.com
- Prior podcast appearances: Fit Man Project, Gentlemen's Scofflaw, Niche Pursuits, Passive Income, The Cutting Edge Wet Shaving Podcast, Moustache & Blade.
- Douglas also runs the YouTube show I'd Lather Be Shaving.
Guest Expert Availability
In person in Phoenix, Arizona or Tucson, Arizona
Social Media Promotions
How this expert can help promote your show:
- Social media blasts Via: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, G+ and monthly newsletter.
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Guest Expert Links
See more Featured Radio Talk Show Guest Experts here.
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!
See our easy Guest Expert Advertising options here!