Dean Rotbart is a Pulitzer Prize-nominated, former reporter and columnist with The Wall Street Journal.
On September 11, 2001, the men and women of The Wall Street Journal, business and financial reporters, suddenly were called upon to serve as war correspondents.
His new book, September Twelfth: An American Comeback Story, tells the behind-the-scenes story of how The Wall Street Journal published a Pulitzer Prize-winning edition on 9/12, even though it's newsroom was destroyed.
The way the Journal and its staff responded on 9/11 offers many lessons for any organization, business, or individual who is confronted with an unexpected, large, setback and can either rebound or quit.
The book speaks to the indomitable spirit of America and Americans. As Vince Lombardi once said: “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back.”
In researching the book, September Twelfth, Rotbart uncovered a trove of never-published emails and memos generated in real time by reporters and editors at The Wall Street Journal. He also interviewed dozens of reporters and editors who were on hand on 9/11.
Rotbart can share amazing, never-told 9/11 stories, as well as explain what anyone can learn from the experiences of the journalists who experienced it first-hand.
Interview Dean Rotbart, Author and Expert on the 20th Anniversary of the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks, to discuss...
- Why the Wall Street Journal's action on 9/11 represents a great American comeback story.
- How anyone, especially businesses and organizations, can learn important lessons from the Journal's performance.
- What was the secret to the Journal's success?
- Journalistically, what made the Wall Street Journal's coverage so unique?
- What anyone can do to be prepared when disaster strikes.
Dean Rotbart Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- Pulitzer Prize-nominated former reporter and columnist for The Wall Street Journal
- Author, September Twelfth: An American Comeback Story
- Host, "MondayMorningRadio.com," a weekly business podcast - since 2012
- Speaker on the subject of "Great American Comebacks"
Guest Expert Availability
By telephone and video call from Denver, Colorado - Mountain Time
Social Media Promotions
How this expert can help promote your show:
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Guest Expert Link
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!