As a former divorce attorney, 15% of his clients never divorced and the ones who did were able to part as friends. His work has been called the penicillin of psychology. He has been featured on Oprah and his book, How to Heal a Painful Relationship has become a national best seller. Bill speaks a profound yet simple truth that will change your life.
Love is never enough - Love by itself is never enough to have a good relationship. The divorce courts are full of people who love each other. For example, what good is someone’s love for you if the person treats you lousy? It’s worthless. To have a relationship be great, you need the experience of love.
The underlying problem - When a relationship isn’t working, we tend to put all our focus on the circumstances. He did this. She did that. These things may be true, but they are not the problem. They are the symptom. If you have any relationship that isn’t working, there is something under the surface that is creating the problem. Usually, it’s a cycle of conflict.
The cycle of conflict - Most relationships begin with everyone feeling loved. Then someone gets hurt, puts up his or her walls of protection, and becomes critical and defensive toward the other. Then the other person gets hurt and becomes critical in return. Then the first person gets upset. Then the other person gets upset. Without knowing, the two people create a cycle of conflict that produces all sorts of suffering.
The key to healing - This cycle of conflict is fueled by a combination of hurt, defensiveness, blaming, and destructive behavior. Fortunately, all of this can be reversed and it only takes one person. Bill Ferguson can show you how.
Interview Bill Ferguson, Relationship Expert and Former Divorce Attorney, to discuss...
- What creates and destroys love
- The underlying condition that sabotages relationships
- The biggest killer of relationships
- How to restore love in any relationship
Bill Ferguson Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- Featured on Oprah, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and hundreds of podcasts and radio shows.
- Former divorce attorney: 15% of his clients never divorced and the ones who did were able to part as friends.
- Over 35 years of experience. Led over 2,500 workshops and worked with thousands of people.
- Delivered the Keynote address to the Texas Counseling Association. Taught his approach to 2,300 counselors and therapists.
Guest Expert Media Kit
Guest Expert Availability
By telephone from Houston, TX
In person in Houston, TX
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Guest Expert Link
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!