Dr. Mary Wingo can help your listeners easily understand the most important social issue of our time: the uncontrolled stress of modern life and its devastating effects on our bodies and our communities.
Human stress costs our communities trillions of dollars every year. In addition, millions of people die prematurely, or suffer disability needlessly because of preventable exposure to stress.
Mary wants to change this and tell listeners about the fascinating science behind the human stress response.
She also wants to tell you about the 20 years it took her to "really" understand human stress, and how she was initially reluctant to write her book covering the social, political, and economic implications of stress in the modern world.
Her book, The Impact of the Human Stress Response, is a humanitarian work intended to educate the public worldwide about the true causes and costs of preventable human stress. The study of stress and adaptation is probably the most complicated and fascinating field in science. After more than a hundred years of study, most scientists are still mystified by the mechanisms of human adaptation, so this book is of great importance to the general public and will transform many, many lives.
Mary Wingo has been a permanent resident in Ecuador for 2 years. She trained as a Ph.D. scientist and is a business person originally from the United States.
Book Mary Wingo, Ph.D., Scientist and Stress Expert & Author to discuss...
- The root causes of stress.
- Learn how to manage stress effectively.
- How preventable stress results in millions of lives lost per year and trillions of dollars wasted.
- Why the stress response is essential for helping one adapt to one's environment.
- The fascinating biology of human stress.
- The 5 major causes of stress in modern society.
- How to protect your health – learn how to avoid over-loading one body’s stress response.
- Or if you have a unique stress-related angle you want to cover (and there are many), let her know.
Mary Wingo Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- Ph.D in Physiology from the University of North Texas.
- Her specialty is physiology, and specifically, the human physiological stress response.
- The staggering cost of stress in modern society within the psychological, social, political, and economic sectors.
- How preventable human stress leads to (many, many) millions of unnecessary death every year.
- Mary currently lives in Cuenca, Ecuador. She actually quit the science profession for 10 years before returning due to the humanitarian crisis we now face due to preventable stress.
- This book literally took 20 years to write due to the complexity of the field of biological stress and adaptation.
Guest Expert Availability
By telephone in Cuenca, Ecuador, usually EST.
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Guest Expert Web Site
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!