Jenny Maher was forced to deal with multiple life threatening experiences. But her determination to fight after becoming physically, emotionally, and spiritually paralyzed will touch anyone's heart and encourage them to not give up.
As the Author of the inspirational memoir, Never Give Up, Jenny not only shares the struggles she endured growing up with abuse and neglect at home and in foster homes, but with mental illness.
Diagnosed with Bipolar Depression and BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) to name a few, Jenny cut to ease the emotional pain.
At 21, she was shot in the mouth with a .45 by a police officer after calling 911 for support. Jenny spent 6 months in jail, charged with attempted murder and assault.
At 34, she felt so alone after her mom disowned her that she tried taking her own life by over-dosing, only to wake up in the ER 3 days later paralyzed from the neck down.
Jenny’s goals no matter what her therapists told her was to push herself in a manual chair and live independently. Having no family or friends for support she was forced to live in a VA nursing home where she dealt with abuse and neglect that led to life threatening infections.
Through her own perseverance she risked her life to start over, flying alone with only two backpacks to a specialized VA in Memphis. There she not only became stronger, physically and mentally to live independently, but spiritually.
Jenny was able to find strength in Faith. Hers is a story that will touch every listener's heart.
Jenny Maher's enthusiasm as a speaker will easily open up peoples' eyes after hearing all that she has been through, as many people can relate. Not only dealing with mental illness, but emotional, physical, and sexual abuse. Feeling all alone in the world, that no one cared if you lived.
She knew God had saved her for a reason after her suicide attempt, though she wasn't sure why. Jenny knows there will be people listening who either are or know someone who is hurting as she was. She hopes hearing a small part of her story and reading her book will help or even save them.
Interview Jenny Maher, Motivational Expert & Inspirational Author to discuss...
- The important warning signs to be aware of in families and friends that need support.
- The surprising percentage of our youths suffering from undiagnosed mental illness.
- How to give support without invading their personal space.
- Ways of taking down the safety wall, one brick at a time.
- Finding the will to fight physically and mentally, one day at a time.
- Fun ways of doing much needed physical therapy, without going to the gym.
Jenny Maher Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- Personal life experience; dealing with mental illness and as a quadriplegic.
- Researching and speaking with therapists on the importance of continued physical therapy after any serious medical or physical experience.
Guest Expert Availability
By telephone from Richmond, VA. Eastern time zone.
In person in Richmond, VA
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Guest Expert Web Sites
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!