Paris is a beautiful city, but not always an easy one. Living in Paris is a dream come true, but the right preparations and attitude are critical to a successful, stress-free experience.
Andrea Bouchaud is an Author, Blogger and Expert on the experience of studying abroad and immersion into the French language and culture as an American student.
Now the Author of the study abroad books Twenty in Paris and her new release The Paris Diaries, Andrea studied in Paris for a year, staying with distant relatives, to live the college dream by studying abroad.
Crushed by this disappointment, Andrea fought the study abroad experience which resulted in an unpleasant first semester in Paris. With a new year came a new start and she was determined to not repeat the same mistakes for her second semester in Paris.
Andrea's goal with her 2 study abroad books is to show students that studying abroad is not all fun times and that it can be a challenging experience. But with the right preparations and attitude, they can have a successful and stress free study abroad experience.
Published in 2013 with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, Twenty in Paris: A Young American Perspective of Studying Abroad in Paris details the entire process of studying abroad in Paris from start to finish.
It's sequel, The Paris Diaries: The Study Abroad Experience Uncensored (to be released April 11, 2014) shows students exactly what the experience of daily living in Paris is like while adjusting to life with an unpleasant host family, French language inadequacy, a new college experience, unanticipated French cultural characteristics, and concerns about an undetermined future.
An interview with Andrea will help your listeners prepare for a trip to France / Europe whether it be for vacation, a study abroad experience, or expat relocation.
With practical advice based on her own first-hand experience with studying abroad, learning to speak a foreign language, and immersion into another culture, Andrea provides the information, tips, advice learned from her experience to make the most of your listeners' time abroad.
Book Andrea Bouchaud, Expert Author and Blogger to discuss...
- How to decide if studying abroad is right for you and how to choose the best study abroad program
- How to obtain a French visa successfully on the first attempt and handle foreign bureaucracy
- Discovering the beauty and magic of living in and walking around Paris
- Learning the difficulties of living with a host family due to generation gap, cultural differences and language barrier and how to make the best of this living arrangement
- How insufficient cultural and linguistic preparations can foster misunderstanding and unrealistic expectations of the host country
- Remember that typical 20 year old concerns about the future and love don’t go away because you are overseas
Andrea Bouchaud Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- Studied abroad for a year in Paris
- Graduated from Rutgers University with a BA in French
- Author of Twenty in Paris: A Young American Perspective of Studying Abroad in Paris and its up-coming sequel The Paris Diaries: The Study Abroad Experience Uncensored
- Writes weekly column “Twenty in Paris” for StudentUniverse
- Has written guest posts and articles for The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Abroad Guide, The Study Abroad Blog, University Parent and French Entrée
Guest Expert Availability
By telephone from Dallas, TX, CST
In person in Dallas- Fort Worth area/ North Texas
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Email Andrea at twentyinparis @ gmail.com
Guest Expert Web Site
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!