Alex Umansky believes that the new Presidency and drastically changing political climate is leading to an increase in workplace discrimination based on race, national origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation.
As an attorney who specializes in representing employee plaintiff claims for discrimination, sexual harassment, and wage and hour complaints, Alex sees employers taking more retaliatory actions towards their employees when discriminatory behavior is brought to their attention.
The knowledge, energy, and strong opinions Alex brings to the table as an experienced plaintiff's lawyer will surely create interest, conversation, buzz and constructive arguments that entertain and inform listeners.
As a trial attorney that has handled hundreds of cases, be sure to ask him about his big bank of outrageous stories about employers mistreating their employees. Many are movie script worthy!
Alex's upcoming book will be a "How-To" guide for employees dealing with discrimination, sexual harassment, wage issues and employer retaliation. The book will explain what these issues look like, what employees should watch for, and what records employees should keep as evidence.
Book Alex Umansky, NY and NJ Labor & Employment Attorney, to discuss…
- How have the recent changes to immigration affected workplace discrimination?
- How have the President's views and public comments of the LGBT and transgender community affected workplace discrimination?
- How are criminal backgrounds of potential employees being used by employers to unlawfully discriminate against applicants?
- Are corporate holiday parties with liquor, music, and tipsy people the perfect storm for sexual harassment claims?
- Are immigrants in the US under travel or work visas in greater danger of workplace discrimination because of the current political climate?
- Are employers using this as a means to push immigrant employees to work higher hours at lower wages?
Alex Umansky Guest Expert Interview Credentials
- A board member of the New York Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association.
- In 2015 Alex served as a guest speaker at the National Employment Lawyers Association annual fall conference, presenting "Just Do It: Closing Arguments."
- Served as a judge for the Law School Mock Trial Competition held at the District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Successfully taken cases to trial while obtaining verdicts in excess of a million dollars. Some notable trials and verdicts can be found on http://www.lawyerdict.com/alex-umansky/.
- Also, clients have been gracious enough to leave excellent reviews on https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/11235-ny-alex-umansky-3794042.html and https://www.yelp.com/biz/alex-umansky-esq-new-york.
Guest Expert Availability
By telephone from New York, Eastern Time Zone
In person in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Manhattan
Guest Expert Interview Booking Contact
Guest Expert Web Site
Would you like to be listed as a Featured Talk Show Guest Expert?
Our web site and email promotions can showcase your expertise worldwide!